Go Back: Virtual Middle School Library Home / Resources for Teachers and Parents Menu / Science
Science - Biological, Environmental, and Oceanography
Science Education Menu: General Science Resources | Astronomy and Space Exploration |
Biology | Chemistry, Physics and Technology | Ecology and Environment |
Energy | Geology | Meteorology | Oceanography
- The Vaccine Makers Project - Timely lesson plans on vaccines from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. There are plans for all grades from K - 12.
- BioZone Bio Links - This is a directory of
web sites dealing with many aspects of biology such as ecology, biotechnology, animal behavior,
cell biology and many more.
- Resource Links - From the National Association of Biology Teachers.
- SMILE Biology Lesson Plans - For all grade levels from the
Illinois Institute of Technology.
- The Biology Corner - Lesson plans, lab plans, and quizzes.
- The Genetic Science Learning Center - Background information
on current developments in genetic science, and lesson plans.
- Teaching Evolution - Information about evolution and possible
perils and pitfalls to avoid while teaching about it. By the University of California Museum of Paleontology
- Ten Great Biology Activities and Lessons - From Thought Co.
- Penn State Lesson Plans - Plans for all grades for forest resources, water, earth science and wildlife from the School of Forest Resources at Penn State University.
- Supermarket Sprouts - A lesson plan for growing seeds which are found in the supermarket. This lesson is by Vicki Cobb.
- Bird Sleuth- A project in bird watching for middle
school students. Sponsored by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
- Online Biology Book - If your knowledge of
biology is a bit shaky, you may need to refer to this text by M. J. Farabee
Up to Top
Up to Top
Up to Top
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian. Please address any
comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.