Go Back: Virtual Middle School Library Home / Web Sites for Students Menu /Social Studies Menu/ World History
World History Menu: General World History | Ancient History |
Asian History | Africa | The Middle Ages | The
Renaissance and Reformation | 1700 - the Present | Individual Countries: Great Britain
Ancient Near East
- Mesopotamia - Excellent site from the British Museum. It
has information about the cultures of Assyria, Babylon and Sumer.
- Ancient Mesopotamia - Information and lots of pictures from the University of Chicago.
- The Hittes - an ancient people who lived from 1600 to 1200 BCE.
- Canaan and Ancient Israel - Information about the land and the people from the University of Pennsylvania Museum.
- Ancient Greece - A good introduction to ancient Greece. From the British Museum.
- Ancient Greece - from BBC Schools.
- The Iliad - Every Greek child knew this story about a war between the Greeks and the Trojans. You can read the story here
- The Mysterious Etruscans - These people lived on the
Italian Peninsula before the Romans.
- Classics Unveiled - This site has sections on Roman history
and Roman life. There is also a section on Roman mythology. This site was written by students at the York Mills C. I.
in Ontario, Canada.
- The Romans - Information about ancient Rome. This site also has some videos of ancient Roman sites.
- Pompeii: Window on Ancient Rome - See Pompeii in this YouTube video.
- Roman Emperors - A list of the emperors.
- The Romans in Britain -
Information about Roman life, the Roman army, and a good timeline.
- The Nazca Lines - Prehistoric lines in the deserts of Peru. Nobody knows who made them or why they were made
- The Moche - Early people of Peru who made really beautiful pottery. This site is from the Khan Academy
- The Incas - From DK Findout.
- The Conquistadors - Europeans who conquered the native people of Central and South America. From DK Findout.
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian. Please address any
comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.