Resources for School Librarians - Index
Menu: Reopening the Library | Teaching | Reading | Keeping the Library Healthy | The Status of School Librarians in the Time of Covid-19 | Other Interesting Sites
- Cleaning, Disinfection and Hand Hygiene in Schools - From the CDC.
- Guidance for School Administrators on the Use of Cloth Face Coverings in Schools - From the CDC
- Printable Posters from the CDC - Good posters for the library.
- Research Shows the Virus is Undetectable on Five Highly Circulated Library Materials After Three Days - From the Institute of Museum and Library Services, June, 2020.
- How to Sanitize Collections in a Pandemic - An article by Lara Ewen,in American Libraries, March 27, 2020.
- Please Don't Microwave Library Books The metal RFID tag contains metal which burst into flames in the microwave. From American Libraries, June, 2020.
- How long will the coronavirus live on surfaces - From The New York Times, March 17, 2020.
- Libraries and the Coronavirus - Evolving information and resources. A very extensive list of links from Web Junction, but dated March, 2020.
- Pandemic Preparedness - A list of link to relevant web sites from the American Library Association.
- Libraries Step Up in a Time of Crisis - A facebook group.
Up to Top
- School Librarians Face Reopening Challenges - An article in American Libraries, August 14, 2020.
- Supporting School Librarians Through Covid-19 and Beyond - Movements to support school libraries. Take a look at the infographic at the end of this article for list of school librarian activites during Covid-19. This is an article in Publishers Weekly, August 14, 2020.
- School Libraries Getting Repurposed in Reopening Plans - The school library may become something else. An article by Kara Yorio in School Library Journal, July 20, 2020.
- As COVID-19 Budget Cuts Loom, Relevance of School Librarians Put to the Test - An article from Education Week, July 3, 2020
- Covid-19 Claims Lives of School Libraries - Librarian positions cut. An article by Sarah Eileen Lindner in the Tribune-Review, PA, July 2, 2020.
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian,
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to email@example.com.