Resources for School Librarians - Index
Up to Top
- Libby - At the current time when schools are not in session, you might want to somehow inform your students about Libby which is an app which can be used to download ebooks from public libraries.
- The Four Basic Ebook Models for K - 12 Libraries - An article by Peyton Stafford, May 11, 2017.
- E-Book Usage in School Libraries - A report by Library Journal and School Library Journal, September, 2015. 56% of schools surveyed provide e-books, but students seem to prefer print books.
- E-Book Collections in High School Libraries: Factors Influencing Circulation and Usage - An article by April M. Dawkins and Karen W. Gavigan in School Library Research, Sept. 21, 2020. Students seem to prefer paper books. The authors suggest that more research is needed on this topic.
- E-books in the School Library - Information about starting the use of e-books in your library. From the National Library of New Zealand.
- Kindle Education: School FAQ - From Amazon.
- EduKindle - A blog on the use of Kindles in education.
- Lending E-Readers in the School Library: Part 1 - An article by Travis Jonker in School Library Journal, Jan. 2012.
- Lending E-Readers in the School Library: Part 2 - An article by Travis Jonker in School Library Journal, Feb. 2012.
- Introduction to e-Reader Use - A basic lesson plan for beginning e-reader users. Some details of your e-reader may differ from the ones in this lesson plan. This is from YelloBric.
- How to Delete Books from your Kindle - When you want to tidy your kindle up. This is an article by Anthony Karcz on BookRiot, August 21, 2018.
- When an ebook is the Best Book - This is an article by Addie Matteson in SLJ, July, 2016. Five situations when an ebook may be best.
- Going Digital: Using e-Book Readers to Enhance the Reading Experience - A lesson plan for using e-readers with grades 2 - 4. This plan is by Lotta C. Larsen
- E-reader Policies and Procedures - Samples from Libraries - Many are from public libraries but they may give you some ideas.
- Book Wars: iPad and Kindle on Trial! - a clever video about the competition between paper books and ebooks. It was filmed in a Chicago school library.
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian,
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to email@example.com.