Resources for School Librarians - Index
Cataloging - Web Sites
Up to Top
- Cataloging and Classification - essential links from AASL.
- The Cataloger's Reference Shelf - A
collection of MARC manuals and other cataloging reference materials from The Library Company.
- The Library of Congress Classification Outline - by the Library
of Congress. This is in pdf format.
- Dewey Decimal Classification - News and
information from Forrest Press, the publisher of the Dewey Classification.
- Dewey Decimals Summaries - From OCLC.
- 025.431 The Dewey Decimal Blog - "Everything you wanted to know about Dewey, but were afraid to ask".
- Map Dewey Classification to LC - for the conversion of Dewey numbers to LC.
- Map LC Classification to Dewey
- Guidelines to Standardized Cataloging for Children - by the Committee on Cataloging Children's Materials. Adaptations of cataloging policies for children through age 15. By Joanna F. Fountain, 2010.
- Library Cataloguing Aids - Links to
a great many useful site compiled by Lynn LeGrow.
- How to Acquire Cataloging Tools - a fact sheet from the American Library Association.
- Six Tools to Simplify Cataloging - Help with your cataloging from Joyce Valenza, May 31st, 2011.
- The Library of Congress Online Catalog - Search for
cataloging records at the Library of Congress and other libraries.
- Canadian Subject Headings - From Library and Archives Canada
- RDA (Resource Description and Access) and school libraries – where are we going, and why can’t we keep AACR2? - a clear explanation of RDA for the Ohio Private Academic Libraries.
- Help! The New Cataloging Code is Coming - An introduction to Resource Development and Access which will replace AACR2. This is a pdf file.
- The RDA Toolkit - which costs $$.
- Metadata and Cataloging Online Resources - a bibliography of links to information by Steven J. Miller, 2011.
- A Full Resource Metadata Display for Resources for School Librarians - Thanks to the University of Queensland Libraries.
- The Streaming Guide to Cataloging Remote Access Multimedia - A how-to guide for catalogers. This site covers cataloging streaming video and audio, e-books, podcasts, and web games. From the University of Tennessee.
- Online Audiovisual Catalogers
- Cataloging Electronic Resources:OCLC-MARC Coding Guidelines - Revision of June 20, 2006.
- What is FRBR? - An explanation of the Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records may be obtained from this site. This is a pdf file.
- ISBN and ISSN Systems - From the ALA
- Cataloging Policy - Westlake High School.
- Faust Junior High School Cataloging Policy and Procedures Manual - Chambersburg PA Area School District
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian,
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to email@example.com.