Resources for School Librarians - Index
Cataloging - Web Sites
Up to Top
- The Cataloger's Reference Shelf - A
collection of MARC manuals and other cataloging reference materials from The Library Company.
- The Library of Congress Classification Outline - by the Library
of Congress. This is in pdf format.
- Dewey Decimal Classification - News and
information from OCLC.
- Dewey Decimals Summaries - From OCLC.
- 025.431 The Dewey Decimal Blog - "Everything you wanted to know about Dewey, but were afraid to ask".
- Map Dewey Classification to LC - for the conversion of Dewey numbers to LC.
- Map LC Classification to Dewey
- Guidelines to Standardized Cataloging for Children - by the Committee on Cataloging Children's Materials. Adaptations of cataloging policies for children through age 15. By Joanna F. Fountain, 2010.
- How to Acquire Cataloging Tools - a fact sheet from the American Library Association.
- Six Tools to Simplify Cataloging - Help with your cataloging from Joyce Valenza, May 31st, 2011.
- The Library of Congress Online Catalog - Search for
cataloging records at the Library of Congress and other libraries.
- Canadian Subject Headings - From Library and Archives Canada
- Schools Catalogue Information Service - A subscription is necessary for this Australian service.
- Are You Curious About RDA in School Libraries? - An article about the role of RDA by Judy O'Connell, Sept. 23, 2013.
- The RDA Toolkit - which costs $$.
- Online Audiovisual Catalogers
- Cataloging Electronic Resources:OCLC-MARC Coding Guidelines - Revision of June 20, 2006.
- What is FRBR? - An explanation of the Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records may be obtained from this site. This is a pdf file.
- ISBN and ISSN Systems - From the ALA
Cataloging Policy Manuals
- District Library Cataloging Standards and Practices - Boulder Valley School District. - 2014 - 2015.
- Cataloging Policy - Westlake High School, Westlake, Ohio.
- Faust Junior High School Cataloging Policy and Procedures Manual - Chambersburg PA Area School District
- Accessing Information - Cataloguing Guidelines for Manitoba and Saskatchewan School Library Personnel, 2013.
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian,
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.