Go Back: Virtual Middle School Library Home / Web Sites for Students Menu /Science Menu/ Animals
Animals on Land, in the Air, and in the Sea
- On the Land
- In the Sea
- The Ocean Portal - Life in the Oceans. From the Smithsonian Institution.
- Sea Shells - This site will help you identify shells, and will
also help if you need to clean and preserve shells and other sea life that you found on the beach.
- MarineBio - Facts about the ocean and the plants and animals that live in it.
- The National Aquarium in Baltimore - Take a virtual field
trip to the aquarium.
- The Shedd Aquarium - Use the menu to find information about sea animals.
- The National Marine Mammal Laboratory -
Information on whales, seals, dolphins, and other marine mammals. There is also information on
careers working with marine mammals.
- In the Air
- Under the Sink
- The Virtual Roach - See a cockroach really, really close up. This information is from Orkin.
- The Brown Stink Bug - A real pest in Pennsylvania and other states.
- The Spotted Lantern Fly - A big pest in parts of Pennsylvania.
- Pest World for Kids - Find out more about roaches, mice, termites, and other living things that you do not want living near you. There are games and science fair activities at this site.
- Animals of the Past
- Dinosaurs - Information and videos from the American Museum of Natural History.
- Trilobites - Small, hard-shelled
creatures that lived over 300 million years ago.
- The Royal Tyrrell Museum - in Drumheller, Alberta, Canada.
A museum devoted to dinosaurs and other prehistoric life.
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, school librarian (retired). Please address any
comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.