Go Back: Virtual Middle School Library Home / Web Sites for Students Menu / Mathematics
General Math Topics and Math Games
- Math is Fun - This site has lots of information, and it also has a math dictionary.
It also has good math games.
- Coolmath - Help with learning things like addition, multiplication, fractions, decimals,
and algebra. This site also has cool games.
- The Math Forum: Student Center - Problems,
puzzles, contests, tips & tricks, and chat areas.
- Free Math Help - Lessons and problems for grades 1 - 11. This site explains math topics very clearly.
- Ask Dr. Math - Problem you can't solve?
Submit it to Dr. Math, but check the archives first to see if it has already been answered.
- Solving Math Word Problems - This is a guide to the correct way to solve word problems.
- AAA Math - Learn and practice all kinds of math
skills for grades 1st through 8th.
- Math Playground - Math games, word problems, and logic puzzles.
- A Plus Math Games
- Middle School Math Games
- A Plus Click Math - Test your math skills for grades 1 to 12.
- Math League Help Topics - Math help for grades 4 - 8. Everything from whole numbers to algebra.
- Math Planet - For high school or advanced middle school students. This has explanations with videos for geometry and algebra.
- So You Need to do a Math Project - Many ideas for math projects. The topic list is good for middle school math projects.
- Who Wants Pizza? - A fun way to learn about
fractions. This is a really good introduction to fractions.
- Fraction Tutorial - a neat way to learn about fractions.
- Fractions - Help with equivalent fractions, adding, subtracting, multiplying,
and dividing fractions.
Math Tables, Formulas and Coversions
Special Topics in Math
History of Mathematics
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, school librarian (retired). Please address any
comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.