Resources for School Librarians - Index
- The Digital Shift - News of the world of e-books, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- The Best Tablets for Kids - PC Magazine, July 5, 2017
- The Ten Best Tablets of 2017 - From PC magazine.
- Tablet Computer Reviews - From CNet.
- How to Choose Between a Phablet and a Convertible Notebook - From EdTech, Jan. 2015
- Setting Up Kindle Fire for Library and Classroom Use - this is a YouTube video by Kathleen Noble.
- Using the Kindle Fire in Education – an Affordable iPad Alternative - An article by K. Walsh, July, 2012
- iPad Management Tips - This is a good place to begin if you are planning to use iPads in your library or classroom. This article is from Education World.
- iPads and Tablets in Education - Information source on the use of these devices.
- The complete guide to picking the right device for every grade level - An article by Kathy Schrock, December, 2015.
- Kathy Schrock's iPads for Teaching - Lots of materials here including classroom uses and app evaluation guides.
- Cool Uses of iPads in School Libraries - by Sonja Stewart on Pinterest.
- Using iPads in the Elementary Library - From the Elementary Librarian Blog.
- iPad Lesson Plans - Many of them from Digital Wish.
- Marsh Elementary School Library Uses iPads for Research and Writing - A great video showing the use of iPads in a Chicago School Library.
- A Rubric to Grade i-Pad Projects - From Educational Technology and Mobile Learning.
- iPad Policies - From Keystone School, San Antonio, TX.
- iPad Policies - From Winchester Community High School - Winchester, IN
Up to Top
- The Best Apps for Teaching and Learning 2017 - From the American Association of School Librarians.
- Common Sense Education - a free review source for apps, console and computer games, and web sites for K - 12 education from Common Sense Media. There are also lesson plans.
- Apps Reviews by School Library Journal.
- The Top Ten Apps of 2016 - Selected by Daryl Grabarek for School Library Journal, Dec., 2016.
- Teachers With Apps - Reviews of apps.
- The best BYOD tech tools for the Common Core classroom - "With just 4 categories and less than a dozen tools, educators can hit a lot of Common Core standards". This is an article by Denise Jaffe in eschool News, June, 2016. (BYOD is Bring Your Own Device).
- Ten Must Have iPad Apps for Librarians - From Educational Technology and Mobile Learning, October, 2015.
- The Best Mac Apps for Reading e-Books - by Peter Cohen, March, 2017.
- Apps for Book Lovers - From App Advice.
- Open eBooks - An app which will make available free ebooks to disadvantaged students.
- 7 Apps for Working With Special Needs Students - January, 2017.
- Android 4 Schools - a blog for android apps.
- 7 Best Coding Apps for Kids to Learn Programming - May, 2017
- 12 Good iPad Coding Apps for Middle School Students - From Educational Technology and Mobile Learning, June, 2017.
- Cool Coding Apps and Websites for Kids - For all grades from Common Sense Learning. Sept., 2016
- Best Apps for the Flipped Classroom - From Common Sense Learning.
- Top Library Tech Trends 2017 - by Alison Marcotte in American Libraries, May, 2017
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian,
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.