Resources for School Librarians - Index
Flexible Scheduling, Instructional Models, and Assessment in the School Library
- Position Statement on Flexible Scheduling - by the American Association of School Librarians, June 2014.
- Flexible Scheduling - This article gives the pros and cons of fixed and flexible schedules. From the Idaho Commission of Libraries.
- Flexible Scheduling - Information and many links to other sites. This site is by the School of Library and Information Science, Indiana University and Purdue University.
- Journey to a Flexible Schedule, Part 1 - an article by Kelly Hincks in Knowledge Quest, October, 2016. You will find part 2 of this journey here
- Flexible Scheduling: Implementing an Innovation - An article by Joy McGregor in School Library Media Research, Vol. 9, 2006.
- Transitioning to Flexible Scheduling in School Libraries - This article is from a wiki by students at the University of Illinois School of Library and Information Science.
- Vega Elementary School Learning Commons - A school library with flexible scheduling.
- Tracking the
Transition to a Flexible Access Library Program in Two Library Power Elementary Schools - An article by Donna M. Shannon
in School Library Media Research
- Fixed vs. Flexible Scheduling In Elementary School Library Media Centers: A Continuing Debate- A paper by Christine Hurley, December 4, 2003. This paper examines both sides of the flexible scheduling debate.
- Flexible Scheduling and School Library Programs - An annotated bibliography by Megan McCrery, March 9, 2015.
Research and Instructional Models
Up to Top
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, retired school librarian,
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to email@example.com.