Resources for School Librarians - Index
Collection Development Policies and Procedures in School Libraries
"It does not matter how many books you may have, but whether they are good or not."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca (3 B.C.-65 A.D.), Epistolae Morale
Collection Development Policies
Up to Top
- ALA Workbook on Selection Policy Writing - For school libraries.
- School Library Selection Policy - St. Bonaventure School Library, Huntington Beach, CA.
- Collection Development Policy - of the Urban School library, San Francisco, CA.
- Library Materials Selection Policy - Owensboro Catholic Schools, KY.
Laboratory High School Collection Development Policy - Urbana, IL.
- Media Selection Policy - Mt. Ararat High School Library, Topsham, ME.
- Selection Policy and Guidelines - Hopkinton School District, Contoocook, NH.
- Westwood Elementary School Library Collection Development Policy - Fairview, TN.
- District Selection Policy - Iola-Scandinavia School District, WI.
- Book and Audio Visual Selection Policy - Portage La Prairie School Division, Manitoba, Canada
- Collection Development Policy - Trafalgar Castle School Resource Centre, Whitby, Ontario, Canada. Note that this document is in pdf format.
- Reporting Challenges: A Quick How To Video - From the ALA Office of Intellectual Freedom.
- Dealing with Challenges to Graphic Novels - By the American Library Association.
Up to Top
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, school librarian (retired),
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.