Resources for School Librarians - Index
Collection Development Policies and Procedures in School Libraries
"It does not matter how many books you may have, but whether they are good or not."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca (3 B.C.-65 A.D.), Epistolae Morale
- AcqWEB - An extensive site
for collection development with information on verification tools, vendors, bibliographic utilities
and much more.
- Information Access and Delivery - A guide for policy writing and collection maintenance by the Purdue University School of Library and Information Science.
- Average Book Prices, 2015 - School Library Journal, March, 2015.
- Average Book Prices, 2014 - School Library Journal, March, 2014
- Collection Development for e-books - an article by Anne Behler, June, 2011
- Key Issues for e-Resource Collection Development: A Guide for Libraries - by Sharon Johnson et al, January, 2012.
Collection Development Policies
- ALA Workbook on Selection Policy Writing - For school libraries.
- School Library Selection Policy - St. Bonaventure School Library, Huntington Beach, CA.
- Collection Development Policy - of the Urban School library, San Francisco, CA.
- Library Materials Selection Policy - Owensboro Catholic Schools, KY.
Laboratory High School Collection Development Policy - Urbana, IL.
- Media Selection Policy - Mt. Ararat High School Library, Topsham, ME.
- Selection Policy and Guidelines - Hopkinton School District, Contoocook, NH.
- Westwood Elementary School Library Collection Development Policy - Fairview, TN.
- District Selection Policy - Iola-Scandinavia School District, WI.
- Book and Audio Visual Selection Policy - Portage La Prairie School Division, Manitoba, Canada
- Collection Development Policy - Trafalgar Castle School Resource Centre, Whitby, Ontario, Canada. Note that this document is in pdf format.
- Reporting Challenges: A Quick How To Video - From the ALA Office of Intellectual Freedom.
- Dealing with Challenges to Graphic Novels - By the American Library Association.
Selection and Use Policies for Electronic Materials and Internet Sites
Up to Top
Up to Top
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland, school librarian (retired),
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to email@example.com.