Home - Where you will find out more about mystery novels, find new authors, and learn about some really great older ones.
Mystery Author Index
- The John D. MacDonald Collection - at the University of Florida Smathers Library.
- The Mildred Wirt Benson Collection - At the University of Iowa. Mildred Wirt Benson was the original author of the Nancy Drew series.
- Boston College Collection of Detective Fiction - Includes the Rex Stout archive., Boston, MA
- The Russel B. Nye Collection - at the University of Michigan.
- The George Kelly Paperback and Pulp Fiction Collection - Lockwood Memorial Library, University of Buffalo, NY.
- Gumshoes, Sleuths, and Snoopers - A searchable database of mystery novels published between 1930 and 1965. This is based on the George P. Kelly collection at the University of Buffalo.
- Dime Novel Collection - The University of South Florida.
- The Dime Novel Collection - At the Library of Congress. There are 40,000 in this collection.
- Detective, Mystery, and Suspense Fiction- Research collection at the New York Public Library
- The Robbie Emily Dunn Collection of American Detective Fiction - The emphasis of this collection is on women mystery writers. It is at the University of North Carolina, Greensboro.
- Browne Popular Culture Library - Bowling Green State University, Ohio
- The Kent State University Department of Special Collections and Archives - This libraries has papers of August Derleth, Raymond Chandler, and R. Austin Freeman. There is also a collection dime novels and penny dreadfuls.
- The Borowitz True Crime Collection - at Kent State University, Kent, Ohio.
- The Marjorie Allingham/ Philip Youngman Carter Collection - The University of Essex Albert Sloman Library, Essex, UK.
This site is maintained by Linda Bertland,
Philadelphia, PA. Please address any comments, additions, or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org